Our programs are tailored to meet your needs
- Water familiarisation through to squad training
- Intensive programs (8-10 days)
- Extended programs (weekly throughout the term)
- Bi-weekly program
- Water safety
- Victorian Water Safety Certificate programs for Grade 4 and above
- Certificates of completion for all kids
- An optional 'Fun Day' at the conclusion of the program, including use of the inflatable.
Our school swimming program is aligned with the Victorian School Cirriculum standards to assist with meeting standards for student reporting
Program A (Intensive)
- 8-10 consecutive days
- Skills/drills easily remembered
- School timetable interruption limited to two weeks
- Increased consistency in teaching staff
Program B (Extended)
- One day per week throughout the term, 8-10 weeks
- Less tiresome for younger students
- Revision of skills enhances learning
- Confidence is built over 8-10 week period
- Students have opportunities to practice
- Only one day of school timetable interrupted
- Consistency of teaching staff
Program C (Bi-weekly)
- Two days per week over 4-5 weeks
- Rest time between sessions
- Skills/drills are easily remembered
- Students can practice between lessons
- Increased opportunity during the week
Other activities available by arrangement
- End-of-year 'Fun Day' activities
- Hire of 25m pool for training/swimming carnivals
- Accredited Victorian Water Safety Certificate programs
Which program is best for your school?
Womens-only Swimming at Don Tatnell Leisure Centre
Women & girls of all cultural and religious backgrounds, ages and abilities are invited to take part in a regular night of swimming and socialising.
Once a fortnight Don Tatnell offers women the opportunity to have the pool entirely to themselves.
We have female staff on duty and all women are welcome.
Boys younger than 6-years-old are also welcome to join with their mothers.
For more information please call our friendly Customer Service Team on 9587 1016.
* Ask about our pilot swim lesson program in Feb / March 2018
Saturday 3rd February 7:30-9:30pm
Saturday 17th February 7:30-9:30pm
Saturday 3rd March 7:30-9:30pm
Saturday 17th March 7:30-9:30pm
Saturday 7th April 6:30-8:30pm
Saturday 21st April 6:30-8:30pm
Saturday 5th May 6:30-8:30pm