Plus 55 seniors program
Stay healthy and stay young!
Waves and Don Tatnell Leisure Centres have a wide range of classes and programs as well as membership options for the 55+ community wanting to keep fit and active. No matter what your age, keeping in good physical condition is important.
Mature adults are looked after every step of the way with fitness classes in and out of the water as well as specialised gym sessions and you're sure to make some friends along the way!
With Kingston Active you can experience all facets of fitness.
We've got something for everyone:
- Group Fitness Classes including aqua and land based sessions
- Wellness programs including Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates
- Gym only sessions
- Swimming lessons
- Spa, sauna and steam facilities
- Pool hoist available to assist with aquatic access into the formal 50m pool and spa
PLUS 55 Aqua Classes
- Aquacise - Develop your fitness, toning and strength in the water
- Deep Water Running (DWR) - Fast, high intensity aquatic exercise with flotation belt and running techniques
PLUS 55 Fitness Classes
- Body Combo - A combination of low impact cardio based and muscle toning exercises in a fun and social atmosphere.
- Strength & Stretch - Strengthening exercised flowed by gentle stretching movement
- Body tone
- Lite pace
PLUS 55 Gym
We're committed to encouraging people of all ages to exercise regularly. Age can cause loss of muscle mass and fitness, so exercise is particularly important. We offer specified session times when older adults can use the gym under supervision for a discounted rate.
What Do We Offer?
- A fitness consultation must be completed prior to your gym program starting. One of our qualified trainers will assess your situation and develop an appropriate plan.
- The trainer will run through your program with you, making sure you have the correct technique and answering any questions you may have.
- During the allocated PLUS 55 sessions, a gym instructor will be there supervising you along the way so you feel safe and comfortable.
- Don Tatnell - Monday to Friday 11am to 1pm
- Waves – 1pm to 3pm
The Southland Striders group walks twice a week in the warm, social and friendly atmosphere of Westfield Southland.
- Sessions run Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:45am
- Meeting point is JB Hi-Fi at Southland
- Walking session is 1 hour - stay for a coffee and a chat afterwards!
- All you need to do is print out the registration form, fill it in and bring it to your first session
SFC - Seniors Fit Club
SFC is a diverse program that is designed for the older adult. The program focuses on elements that will improve mobility, balance, strength and cardiovascular fitness in a safe and sociable environment
BENEFITS OF SFC
- Reduce impact of illness
- Improves sleep
- Helps maintain
- Reduce risk of heart
- disease and stroke
- Falls prevention
CALL US TODAY FOR PROGRAM DETAILS