Older Adult Programs
Kingston Active has a wide range of options for people over 60 with programs to suit all fitness levels. Our Older Adults programs are designed to improve fitness, strength and mobility in a safe and social environment.
Not sure what option is best for you? Speak to one of our friendly Customer Service team on 9559 7111.
We currently offer:
- Active Seniors Classes (including Aqua and Group Fitness): A range of group classes in the pool, group fitness room or gym led by our experienced instructors.
- Active Seniors Gym Sessions: Self-paced supervised gym use in a relaxed, safe and social environment.
- Seniors Fit Club (SFC): Term-based weekly fitness club in a small regular group.
Active Seniors Group Fitness
Active Seniors Aqua Classes
We offer two pool-based classes:
- Aquacise - Move along to the music in this fun pool-based class designed to develop your fitness, tone and strength in the water. Low to high intensity options available.
- Deep Water Running (DWR) - A higher-intensity yet low-impact exercise class using a flotation belt and running techniques. A favourite class amongst our regulars!
Active Seniors Fitness Classes
We offer four structured land-based fitness classes:
- Lite Pace - Low-intensity functional exercise class focusing on balance, mobility and resistance variations in the gym.
- Yoga - Gentle movement emphasizing physical postures, deep breathing, mindfulness and connecting to your body.
- Strength & Stretch - Moderate-intensity strength class that also improves flexibility and coordination.
- Body Tone - Low-impact, higher intensity workout that focuses on strengthening and toning specific muscle groups.
Active Seniors Gym
Our Active Seniors Gym program offer casual, supervised gym sessions in a safe and comfortable environment. Access is available during the following times:
These sessions allow you to workout at your own pace following your own gym program which is designed and regularly reviewed by our experienced trainers. Perfect for independent gym users or those who like to workout with a partner.
Our trainers will be available to answer any questions you may have and to help modify your program if you need.
You do not need to be a member of Kingston Active to join these sessions.
1.00 - 3.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays)
- Initial consultation and program: $40
- Casual Active Seniors Gym session: $10.90 (discounted multi visit passes are available)
Seniors Fit Club (SFC)
If you want to get fit, have fun and make friends but without the commitment of a gym membership, then Seniors Fit Club (SFC) is perfect for you.
Designed for older adults, SFC focuses on elements that will improve mobility, balance, strength and cardiovascular fitness in a safe and sociable environment.
With a variety of activities such as resistance training, aerobics, meditation and more - SFC combines the best of our popular Lite Pace, Yoga, Body Tone and Strength and Stretch classes. Tea and coffee is also provided after each session.
Your first session is FREE, so come and try it out!
Monday 11.30am - 12.30pm (excluding Public Holidays)
- $8.00 per class paid upfront for the term (can join anytime throughout the term)
2021 Term Dates
- Term 1: 1 Feb – 29 March
- Term 2: 14 April – 26 June
- Term 3: 13 July – 18 September
- Term 4: 5 October – 18 December
If demand is high, more day/time options will be offered.