COVID Safe Operations at Waves
Updated April 2022
To keep our Kingston Active Community Safe, the following measures are currently in place at Waves Leisure Centre. We have been actively working with Council to ensure we have the right processes in place to protect your safety.
Please ensure if you are feeling unwell, you stay at home.
Cleaning and Sanitisation
As restrictions continue to ease, workplaces are required to have a COVID-Safe Plan, which outlines the key actions that are in place to mitigate the introduction and potential impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19). One of the key areas that must be addressed is the environmental cleaning.
Following the state government's cleaning guidelines, we have incorporated a number of measures to ensure we are doing all we can to provide a clean and safe facility.
- Contracted cleaners thoroughly cleaning the centre each evening.
- Purchase of sanitisation stations throughout the centre
- Purchase of sanitising wipes at health and fitness stations
Health and Fitness
Our operating hours for the gym are as follows:
Monday to Friday 6am-9pm and Saturday/ Sunday 7am-6pm
- Our gym team will be conducting regular cleaning of spaces and equipment, however, to ensure we provide a safe and clean environment for all, please ensure you wipe down equipment immediately after use with sanitisation wipes provided.
- Please bring a towel to all sessions. No towel- no workout policy in place.
- Aqua and Deep Water Running classes require pre-booking (74hrs in advance). Please ensure if you are unable to attend your booked session, you cancel online or call the centre, to allow the opportunity for another participant to attend.
Patron Behaviour and Etiquette
Patrons must always follow the directions of staff and entry requirements whilst visiting the centre.
Waves is now operating as 'COVID-Normal' with no capacity restrictions in place.