COVID Safe Operations at Waves
To keep our Kingston Active Community Safe, the following measures are currently in place at Waves Leisure Centre. We have been actively working with Council to ensure we have the right processes in place to protect your safety.
Updated Tuesday 3 August
- Please ensure if you are feeling unwell, you stay at home. If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please do not visit the centre until cleared to do so.
- From 11.59pm Tuesday 4 August all visitors to Waves - members, visit pass holders and casual patrons are required to complete check in with the Victorian Government QR code. Anyone without the ability to scan the code can complete check in using iPads that will be available in the foyer.
- Anyone with an aqua class booking must present to reception to collect their wristband
- Patrons using the spa/sauna/steam room must get a wristband from customer service and adhere to the patron limits outlined in these areas.
Social Distancing Requirements
To assist in ensuring a safe 1.5m distance is maintained throughout the centre by patrons, allocated spaces have been marked for spectators in the aquatic areas, change rooms and group fitness classes.
We ask that you please be mindful of distancing requirements whilst you visit.
Density limits are in place for all our spaces within the centre. Please be aware and mindful of this by following the density signage within the centre.
Cleaning and Sanitisation
As restrictions continue to ease, workplaces are required to have a COVID-Safe Plan, which outlines the key actions that are in place to mitgate the introduction and potential impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19). One of the key areas that must be addressed is the environmental cleaning.
Following the state government's cleaning guidelines, we have incorporated a number of measures to ensure we are doing all we can to provide a clean and safe facility.
- Rostered cleaners throughout the day, sanitising regular touch points throughout the centre
- Contracted cleaners thouroughly cleaning the centre each evening.
- Purchase of sanitisation stations throughout the centre
- Purchase of sanitising wipes at health and fitness stations
- Limited shared use of equipment with regular sanitisation processes in place
Health and Fitness
Our operating hours for the gym are as follows:
Monday to Friday 6am-9pm and Saturday/ Sunday 7am-4pm
- Our gym team will be conduting regular cleaning of spaces and equipment, however to ensure we provide a safe and clean environment for all, please ensure you wipe down equipment immediately after use with sanitisation wipes provided.
- Please bring a towel to all sessions. No towel- no workout policy in place.
- BYO exercise mat to all classes or gym sessions which require use of a mat.
- Aqua and Deep Water Running classes require pre-booking (4 days in advance). Please ensure if you are unable to attend your booked session, you cancel online or call the centre, to allow the opportunity for another participant to attend.
Patron Behaviour and Ettiquette
From 11.59pm Tuesday 4 August spa/sauna and steam room facilities are required to follow the government directive of 1 person per 4 sq metre ruling. Patron limits are outlined on signage in these areas and must be adhered to at all times. We ask patrons to limit their usage of these facilities to 15 minutes to allow everyone to access to these areas in a fair and equitable manner.
Patrons must always follow the directions of staff whilst visiting the centre.
Following the latest Victorian Government advice, from 11.59pm Tuesday 4 August Waves is now operating as 'COVID-Normal' which allows for 1 person per 4 square metres whilst within the centre.
All staff and visitors are strongly advised to have downloaded the COVID- Safe App.